The Monsoons are setting in or maybe they already have. The heat is gone and romance is in the air. The pakodas are bhuttas are ruling the snacks and tea has never tasted as good as it does now. Monsoons really bring the best of times for all; the farmers, the city dwellers, the kids, those in love, the animals, the birds, the creative and all who walk the earth.
However, the season of romance can also bring some unpleasantries along and if not taken care of, can be a season to remember, for all the negative things that follow.
Here’s a small checklist of things you need to follow to enjoy the season to the fullest:
1) Get all leaks fixed beforehand – windows, roofs, walls and all the areas where water tends to collect and leak around. Look out for leakages around electrical conduits as they can be dangerous.
2) See to it that all the drains are cleaned out to avoid flooding and the clutter that gives rise to water borne diseases.
3) Safeguard your wooden furniture and carpets from getting damp by covering them up.
4) Don’t let water stagnate as it allows mosquitoes to breed.
5) Keep windows closed or latched at all times as they tend to break during rough weather and cause damage to property or people around.
6) Ensure that all the drains, nullahs and manholes are covered up in and around the society.
These are some of the basic things that will ensure that your monsoons remain as pleasant as they are meant to be. A lot more can be added to it but for now, enjoy the rains!