The best way is to check if the banks are funding the project. Generally, banks approve projects and start disbursement only after all the approvals are in place.
- Ensure that the documents of Title of the property you intend to purchase are clear. A defective Title will create problems.
- Ensure that the building has been constructed as per the sanctioned plan and deviation, if any, is in the allowed limits. It should not be in a low-lying area or in a filled-up water body.
- Ensure that the developer has clearance certificates from the Electricity Board, Water and Sewage Board and other concerned departments.
- Commencement Certificate and Occupancy Certificate are other important documents that are necessary while buying property. Check out the genuineness of the documents with the concerned authorities.
- Ensure Agreement for Sale and Sale Deed, duly stamped, executed and registered are in your possession. Both should contain fair clauses for both the parties.